We arrived peacefully and safely last night around 7:30, which means it only took us 6 hours and 30 minutes! Record speed to drive 350 miles with 5 kdidos. They were fantastic. I think they are getting used to the ride. AND THANK YOU for your prayers too!
We have a plan of attack now that seems to work most of the trips. Going home from AL, we drive to a Chevron station north of Birmingham that gives customers free popcorn. The kids save their money and buy a snack (usually gum b/c of the hills on the way home). We make our pit stop there b/c it is very clean and the people are very pleasant and friendly. Then we head on to Corinth, MS where gas is the least expensive on our journey (in the US I think HA!), and fuel up the car and and take another pit stop in a restaurant. Then off we go again til we get home. On occasion we have stopped to eat at the restaurant, but it was nearly $55 last time we stopped and that isn't too budget friendly for us.
We will be home for 2 weeks and head back the weekend after Thanksgiving to AL and plan to be there until February. We are in a 2BR apartment but we are looking for a house in the country or the ability to maximize space in the apartment. We have already had people from church offer beds for kids to help with space (daybed with trundle) and we are looking for a bunk bed. The beds cover most of the floor so there isn't much room to play with toys or board games, which we love to play as a family! I know we are boring but we love to be together and have fun as a family.
Also, please pray for our children to be content with what we have. They so look forward to putting up our tree and enjoy decorating daily from about October. This year we may not have one unless they can talk Daddy into a real tree.
Gotta get things here unloaded here and get things in order to make a plan to head back.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When I lived in B-ham, I must have made that trip 30 times. Hwy 78. Luckily it has improved the last two years or so. The girls were ages 2 and 3 mo when we moved to AL. I used to put a potty in the back of our van so I wouldn't have to go in the restrooms with two children. HA!!
Post a Comment