We have stumbled upon something that might be fun:
Molly's favorite thing to do at dusk is catch bullfrogs, yet she discovered today that she can eat them too!
We have sampled frog legs twice today. She cleaned them and brought them in and I helped her cook them.
Teach a child to fish..........or frog.
Since meat isn't something we eat regularly this could be a fun treat for all of them.
I am very busy trying to get lesson plans made out for the year AND keep everyone on task for the present work that has been assigned. So today I am up to my eyeballls in lesson plans and school books in the midst of cooking frog legs, getting laundry caught up from being gone yesterday, and Jimmy will be home tomorrow from AL too! So I probably will not sleep much tonight since so much needs to be done.
Yesterday was very interesting. Kiddos played with friends (at least 20) and had loads of fun in the rain and getting muddy. We attended a seminar at a friend's house about herbs and how they are used to heal. I am fascinated and ready to grow a garden full of natural plants, since my husband thinks weeds are to be killed in the yard so the lawn looks nice, they will have to be in a garden of sorts. I am going to put in a flower bed with the older girls help and we plan to have herbs and wild plants in it next year...start small with some thing I know how to use and implement a few more from there.
Also heard a testimonial that was awesome of burns and using Burdock leaves to arap the wound and a natural plant based ointment. No pain (after the initial burn has been cooled), no infection and the skin grows back with no scars. It is being implemented in some hospitals in Pennsylvania, but just absolutely fascinating! I want to learn more!
I really want to be an herbalist when I grow up! At this point I feel like my brain may be mush in 15 years when my youngest has graduated.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment