Well....this has been interesting to say the least! Not complaining here, just so you know where we are. I am amazed. We left a 1700sf old house that no one can break or hurt anything in with 3 acres and surrounded by fields, stores a minimum of 6 miles into town and came to the big city of Montgomery, AL. Here people are everywhere, thankfully we have a quiet apartment complex. Walmart super center is 1.5miles and Winn Dixie is 1 mile. Along with a strip of stores more than I can count between here and there. :o) Nowhere to play unless you go to a park or kids go swimming (a tad cold). And TV galore apartment provided BASIC cable. We have 70 some channels! Ridiculous! Now I know why childhood obesity is such an issue. Kids don't play anymore they watch TV and play video games. Our kids are bored stiff, we have been to the library several times (3) this week, swimming 5 times, and to the park at least 5 times. Other than that we play basketball in the parking lot while most people are gone and there aren't many cars here.
Now.....On a very positive note....What a blessing, we found a church that is exactly what we would have hoped for. Very small, many home school families, and they teach the Word of God from overflow! Genuine people! R E A L - I mean. Love the Lord above all else. What a blessing. Kids have already found friends and we have already been invited over for lunch to one precious family's home tomorrow after church. Look out....there are several families (4 I know of) praying that we move here permanently! haha
Asking for prayer for my Momma this week. She has surgery Monday to remove the cancer from her back and will have a 12 inch incision. That is a big'on! haha She will be off work all next week for Fall break, but will need prayers for drastic healing to get back to work the next week.
I appreciate ya'll!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment