Wow, it has been a while since I have taken time to post. I have been trying my best to honor my husband and not stay up very late. I am by nature a night owl and I do not enjoy going to bed and listening to him snore. Especially knowing he is sleeping well, and I can't go to sleep. But he says that I return the favor around 5am when I am in deep sleep! haha
Kirk has gotten sick again, mainly very stuffy, sore throat, sinus drainage and can't hear anything unless you are in his face and he sees your mouth moving. It has been a frustrating journey and difficult all rolled into one. Frustrating from the standpoint, you correct him or call his name to tell him something and he can't hear. I found myself yelling at him to get his attention and I so HATE parents that yell at their kids! So after another trip to the Dr, we found he has a severe milk allergy. It is causing major fluid on his ears and blocking sound from traveling in his ear canal. He says it sounds like he has his hands over his ears all the time and he can hear noise but can't tell what it is. He reads lips.
Last Thursday when we got home from the Dr office, we did what the Dr told us to do to treat him. He said we could do another round of antibiotics to knock out the infection, but it wasn't going to help get rid of the source of the infection. So he recommended that we remove ALL milk protein from his diet for 10 days and take a supplement to help him get rid of the gunk in his system (detox kinda thing). We gave him whey protein isolate drinks 2X each day with his meds pulverized in it. NO milk, cheese, yogurt, chocolate, soy.....he wasn't a happy camper at first. We did almond milk instead of soy or cow, and bought coconut based yogurt. By Sunday afternoon he could hear us within 2 feet of him and could hear us whisper. However, it was short lived.....he ate pizza flavored Pringles after choir (CHESSE POWDER). He didn't even think about it being milk.....pringles are supposed to be potatoes right??!! haha
I am thinking about getting him a T-shirt that says "I can't have milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt or soy".....SEE MY MOM! seriously! hahahahaha I can't stand it when he is sick and grumpy and he has SURE been it today. It is amazing how that after only 4 days, it is so evident that it hits him so quickly, but it does me the same way.
Anna is so tired of being confined with her sibling making noise and being so close to each other all the time. There is not much opportunity to get away or have quiet time.
Molly is SO bored here. She is tired of riding her bike around and tired of all the things she can do here, b/c it isn't that much to do. She cried tonight to go home.
Abigail is having a grand time. She has made friends so easily and she is probably going to have the hardest time when we are ready to go back to TN.
Kirk....well .....he has been sick since Thanksgiving, so he is so ready to go back to TN and get away from AL allergies. The Dr did also say that since he is battling the new AL allergies that his body (immune system) is weak and can't fight the milk allergy as well as he did at home.
Rebecca is just having a fabulous time here but she would have a great time anywhere. She loves to sing and dance all over the house!
I am thankful that Kirk is the only one remaining that is sick, everyone else is great!
I will try to update again, but life is full on a good day.
Tuesday is Park day at Old Alabama Town, Wednesday is Park day at Vaughn Rd park and AWANA, and Friday is a trip to the Mall to Claire's to let the girly girls look around a bit.
Hey did you hear on the news (or amw.com) that they caught a fugitive in Montgomery, AL. He was spotted about a mile from our apartment on Friday! YIKES!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment