Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"How are you?" That is the question.....

I have had several of you ask me "How are You?". That is a hard one to answer. I saw an old friend today that lost her father 10 years ago and a baby girl about 2 years ago. She said yes it is hard, but time heals and you move on with life b/c you have to.
I guess this is the "new normal" (as I have read from the Chapman family). This is a new normal, which normal at my house seems more chaotic than anything else some times with all my bunch everywhere. I think it has helped my relationship with my Momma. We talk about any and everything now without hesitation and live and love deeper, but I also think that is maturity (yes, I do have some haha).

Thanks for all those who are emailing and asking me "How are you?". I really don't know how to answer. Some days I am better than others, but I still feel the need to cry at least once everyday over something, it could be a few tears down my cheek that no one notices, or a full blow boohoo that I try to conceal from the children but fail. Sometimes it is just looking at Momma and Daddy's picture on my dresser, saying something like my Daddy would say, my 7yo boy catching a big fish and saying "I gotta tell Papaw about this one" or when the kids pray for Nanny and Papaw like they have daily for many many years, it just comes out without thinking. Then they pause and saw "we know Papaw is having a fun time in heaven with you". Tonight my 4yo saw a van like my Momma's in the church parking lot and yelled "Nanny and Papaw are here!" then realized what she had said. She laughed and said "Papaw can't be here he is in heaven!"

One more night of VBS fun......then I think I need a nap. REALLY!

Speaking of fishing...here are my youngest two today at the pond with their big catch!

No comments: