WOW! I can hardly believe that it has been nearly 3 months since I posted last. Amazing how time goes so quickly.
Update on my Daddy - Chemo has done its job as of last Monday when Daddy had trouble breathing thru the night Sunday. Radiation started yesterday and he tolerated it pretty well...just very tired.
Update on family schedule - It is so nice to have Jimmy home regularly now. I am also cherishing the time with him, b/c it may be short lived. Who knows where God is leading him, but it is so wonderful to have routine again after so many years of what seems like mostly chaos! YEAH!
We are finishing up some school work for the younger ones.
Anna has completed her work for this schedule and is about to start again the first part of May. She is bored without work to do, so we may just start earlier to keep her motivated, since she loves it so much.
Molly caught a garter snake today and she is enjoying the outside aquarium someone so generously gave her last year to store her daily treasures in (I am most thankful not to have them in the house). She will never be caught up on her works, but learns so much by osmosis I think!
Abigail is learning and picking up on her school work so fast, she just flies thru it now after so many months it seemed like we struggled with everything. Still hates writing in lower case, but likes to work at it for short periods of time.
Kirk LOVES learning, but HATES to write. He loves being read to and picks up on things so quickly it amazes me how many verses he is able to learn in AWANA when he never sits still to learn them.
Rebecca loves drawing in everyone elses school books and coloring in her own. She is enjoying it and since I haven't required too much of her since she is only 4, she is flying thru the K book b/c everyelse is working so hard to get finished with their school work, she wants to too. She may catch up to some of the others since she has heard it all so many times! haha
Gotta get supper ready here and get the mud cleaned off every one for bed (yes it is raining here again.) That is one nice thing about having routine and a schedule again. Jimmy gets up at 4:30am, works from 5:30-3:30 and is home by 4pm. Supper is before 5pm and bed is 9pm. I love it. Makes chaos seem so simple now.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment