Well, we are walking a path that we have never thought we would be walking. Jimmy was formally laid off from his job on Tuesday. On the 19th Jimmy was laid off. We are hopeful that the company will be able to bring everyone back in the next few weeks/months. We have been thinking for years about something we could do as a family to provide income and work together. This may be the perfect opportunity to step out and do just that. Please be praying for us as we walk a different road and find the ultimate in what God has for us. I am at peace b/c I think this may be a wonderful opportunity for our family to come together and work as a team to provide for our needs. We have much older girls now that love to cook. Anna has wanted to start her own baking business....now might be a great time to do that as well. Everyone here wants a new little life here so I am going to offer child care for small children in our home. Kirk enjoys lawn maintenance and loves to use the weedeater. Who knows we may have a lawn maintenance & small engine repair, bakery, & child care businesses before this year is over!
We are so blessed....God has/is providing for our needs currently. We just pray that the company is successful and is able to start back up in a few months. Please pray for them as well. It is a family owned business and we really have felt like a part of their family since Jimmy started working with them. They are all precious people.
Loads of daily stuff going on. We started school back August 1st and it has gone very well so far. Most of the children are staying up on their work and many of them are ahead so we have flexibility to work on different projects or take a park day to play with friends when it comes up.
Have fun and be thankful for your job/income today! :) God is in control of everything!
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thank you for the reality check Tina! I wish your family the best and I'll keep you in my prayers! I think your doing an awesome job as a mother.
Post a Comment